Opto 22 announces the release of three new groov EPIC input/output modules, further extending an already comprehensive industrial I/O portfolio.
For system integrators and engineers, the new I/O modules provide more options for bringing existing devices into groov EPIC, as well as meeting precise requirements for temperature control applications. They also include budget-beating designs for mixed signal types, signal isolation, and channel density:
GRV-IDCSW-12 (discrete input, 12 channels, DC contact switch status) monitors the open/closed status of dry contact switches, and provides the necessary excitation voltage to power the circuit. This module is ideal for monitoring distributed IT equipment, benchtop analysers, motor run/stop relays, or any device that offers only a dry contact for status.
GRV-IVI-12 (analog voltage input, 12 channels, ±1.25 to ±160 V, channel-to-channel isolation): With 12 isolated channels, each configurable to one of eight ranges from ±1.25 to ±160 V, this module eliminates the need to segregate I/O signals over multiple modules, providing significant cost and space reduction for mixed voltage applications.
GRV-IRTD-8 (analog input, 8 channels, temperature/RTD or resistor) increases options for accuracy and I/O density in temperature applications. It provides 8 channels for 2- and 3-wire RTD inputs, with a maximum range of –200 °C to 850 °C. Users can take advantage of multiple fixed ranges or one of two auto-ranging methods to simplify configuration.
Opto 22 designs groov I/O modules with the end user in mind, including many features to make them easy to specify, install, configure and support for even the most challenging applications. These new modules continue that tradition with the following features:
• Two-position, hinged LED module cover that indicates module status and covers field terminations
• Touch-sensitive pad to trigger module information display on the groov EPIC processor
• Removable top-mounted connector with single, captive retention screw
• Spring-clamp field wiring terminals
• Hot swappable for installation and removal without turning off or stopping the system
• UL Hazardous Locations approved and ATEX compliant
• Wide operating temperature range of –20 to +70 °C
• Individually calibrated and factory tested twice—no statistical testing