pipeline-2018.svg

Search

Categories

Total in Mauritania.jpg

Total expands its presence in Mauritania

Dec 12, 2018
1 min read
Print this page

Total and the Ministry of Petroleum, Energy and Mines of Mauritania have signed an agreement awarding the French oil giant two new exploration and production contracts for Blocks C15 and C31 deep offshore Mauritania.

According to the terms of the contracts, Total will be the operator of these two blocks with a 90 per cent interest alongside the Société Mauritanienne des Hydrocarbures et de Patrimoine Minier (SMHPM) will hold the remaining 10 per cent.

Combined with its participation interest and operatorship in Blocks C7, C9 and C18, the award of these new blocks strengthens Total’s position in the emerging hydrocarbons basin offshore Mauritania : “This agreement contributes to the implementation of Total’s strategy that aims to  explore basins in proven yet underexplored petroleum systems,” said Arnaud Breuillac, president Exploration & Production at Total.

“The addition of these new blocks to our existing positions demonstrates our commitment to the development of the Mauritanian oil sector and will enhance Total’s presence in West Africa, one of the Group’s core exploration areas.”

Total has said that it planned to drill a well on Block C9 in 2019.

RELATED POSTS

dmg events Global Energy Exhibitions & Conferences