pipeline-2019a.svg

Search

Categories

peru.jpg

Repsol begins gas production from Peru's Sagari field

Dec 31, 2017
2 min read
Print this page

Repsol said it has begun gas production from the Sagari field, in Peru’s Cusco region, reinforcing the company´s gas output drive in its reserves development strategy.

Starting in January 2018, it will produce 5.6 million cubic meters per day: approximately one fourth of Peru’s total gas demand, Repsol said in a statement. Located in block 57 to the east of the Andes mountain range, in one of the most prolific gas production areas of Peru, the start of production at Sagari will lead to a 25 per cent increase in the block’s total output.

The Sagari field was discovered in 2012. Repsol holds a 53.84 per cent share and operates the field, partnered by CPNC of China with the remaining 46.16 per cent stake.

The Repsol-operated Kinteroni field is also located nearby, and has been in production since 2014.

Repsol said it has been present in the Peruvian market for two decades, and has become a leader in the local energy sector with involvement throughout the entire value chain.

Repsol is one of the largest energy operators in Peru, holding mineral rights to four mineral blocks, of which three are in production. It also operates the Pampilla (the country’s primary petroleum refinery), has a network of more than 480 service stations and participates in the lubricant, aviation fuel and asphalt markets, among others.

RELATED POSTS