Honeywell announced a handsfree, wearable technology that allows industrial workers to more safely, reliably and efficiently accomplish their tasks in the plant or the field.
Honeywell Connected Plant Skills Insight Intelligent Wearables uses a head-mounted visual display that responds to voice and brings live data, documents, work procedures, as well as health and safety information into view. It also connects field workers with remote experts in real time.
The new technology uses the latest in handsfree mobile computing, augmented reality, IIOT and mobility software. It combines the RealWear HMT-1Z1 handsfree wearable computer with Honeywell’s Movilizer platform, an industry leading, cloud-based workflow solution, to support field service operations, specifically in hazardous locations. With the new solution, field workers can assimilate valuable skills and knowledge while working.
“This new Honeywell Connected Plant technology offers industrial workers the information they need, when they need it, wherever they are,” said Youssef Mestari, program director, Honeywell Connected Plant. “That means workers carry with them decades of relevant expertise that is accessible at any time by simple voice activation. This makes this solution a particular good fit for industrial workers who have an affinity for technology and who need more physical freedom to efficiently accomplish their work.”
Skills Insight Intelligent Wearables offers several key features:
- Operator task automation: Guided work instruction and procedures plus visualization of documents to facilitate field work.
- Visualisation of live data: Real-time IIOT data made available to the field worker.
- Video capture and playback: Learning on-demand and on-site through playback of video, captured by expert operators working on similar tasks, searchable using voice.
- Expert on call: Instant access to remote experts via video chat, who can see what the field worker sees, and can provide advice, share documents, or annotate the video feed.
- Geo-localization, navigation and asset visualisation: Locates a field operator in the plant and provides navigation and visualization as required for a task.
- Rapid emergency evacuation: Locates workers in the plant and guides them to an assembly point using geo-localization.
- Man-down assistance: Detects a man-down, identifying the location and notifying the emergency team for assistance.
“RealWear’s 100 per cent handsfree, rugged head-mounted computing platform is the world’s first to achieve the Zone 1, Class 1/Division 1 level of intrinsically safe certification,” said Sanjay Jhawar, co-founder and president of RealWear. “Together with Honeywell’s software and services we enable digital transformation that drives higher productivity and safety for people working in hazardous locations and across the industrial sector.”