pipeline-2019a.svg

Search

Categories

ERH3orQWsAAkCo3.jpg

Oman awards exploration acreage to Total & PTTEP

Feb 20, 2020
1 min read
Print this page

Oman’s Ministry of Oil awarded a new exploration and production agreement to the joint-venture comprising Total E&P and Thailand’s PTTEP.

The award gives the rights to explore and develop non-associated gas resources with Oman’s onshore Block 12, which covers an area of about 9,546 square kilometres and is located in central Oman.

The contract was signed by H.E Dr. Mohammed Al Rumhi Minister of Oil and Gas, the ministry announced on Twitter.

Following the agreement, Total E&P will hold an 80 per cent interest in the block along with operatorship, while Thailand’s state upstream company PTTEP will hold the remaining 20 per cent interest.

Total and Oman signed a heads of agreement (HoA) on Block 12 in April 2019. At the time, the company said the block held “significant prospective gas resources” and was south of the Greater Barik area, where significant discoveries have been made in blocks 10 and 11.

RELATED POSTS

dmg events Global Energy Exhibitions & Conferences