pipeline-2019a.svg

Search

Categories

Tullow finds oil and gas off Norway

Aker BP buys King Lear discovery off Equinor

Oct 15, 2018
2 min read
Print this page

Aker BP has agreed with Equinor Energy to acquire its 77.8 per cent interest in the King Lear gas/condensate discovery in the Norwegian North Sea for US$250 million.

King Lear is located approximately 50 km south of the Ula field centre, in production licences 146 and 333.

Karl Johnny Hersvik, CEO of Aker BP comments: “The King Lear discovery is one of the largest undeveloped discoveries on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, and represents an excellent opportunity for Aker BP. Our goal is to develop King Lear as a satellite to Ula. This will improve the capacity utilisation at the Ula facilities and provide significant additional volumes of injection gas to support increased oil recovery from the Ula field.”

The deal is subject to approval by Norwegian authorities.

Net recoverable resources in the King Lear discovery are estimated to 77 million barrels oil equivalents (mmboe) according to data from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate. When including the increased oil recovery potential from Ula, Aker BP estimates a total resource addition of more than 100 mmboe net to the company.

The deal covers Equinor Energy’s 77.8 per cent interest in the two licences. The remaining 22.2 percent interest is held by Total E&P Norge.

RELATED POSTS

dmg events Global Energy Exhibitions & Conferences