pipeline-2019a.svg

Search

Categories

Total signs deal to explore Senegal deepwater potential

Total signs deal to explore Senegal deepwater potential

May 03, 2017
2 min read
Print this page

Senegal signed agreements with Total for the energy major to contribute to the country’s deep and ultra-deep offshore exploration activities, the French firm said.

Total signed an exploration and production sharing contract for the Rufisque Offshore Profond block, which covers an area of 10,357 square kilometers. The French energy giant will be its operator with a 90 per cent interest alongside Société Nationale des Pétroles du Sénégal (Petrosen), holding the remaining 10 per cent, Total said in a statement.

It also signed a cooperation agreement with Petrosen and Senegal’s Ministry of Energy and Renewable Energy Development under which Total will perform studies to assess the exploration potential of Senegal’s ultra-deep offshore and become operator of an exploration block.

“These agreements are part of the Group’s strategy to carry out exploration activities in new deepwater basins in Africa and leverage our world renowned expertise,” said Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Total, following his meeting with the President of the Republic of Senegal. “Total is pleased to be bringing our know-how to the promising exploration zones in Senegal.”

RELATED POSTS

dmg events Global Energy Exhibitions & Conferences