pipeline-2019a.svg

Search

Categories

Total adds another deepwater project in Mauritania

Total adds another deepwater project in Mauritania

May 14, 2017
2 min read
Print this page

French oil giant Total has signed an exploration and production contract for a deepwater block off Mauritania as it expands its activities in the country.

Total will conduct exploration works on Block C7, which covers an area of 7,300 square kilometers. The Group will be the operator with a 90 per cent interest alongside the Société Mauritanienne des Hydrocarbures et de Patrimoine Minier (SMHPM) holding the remaining 10 per cent.

“This agreement is part of Total’s strategy to explore new deepwater basins in Africa. The addition of the C7 block to our existing C9 deepwater license creates a contiguous exploration area of around 17,000 square kilometers in a high-potential zone in offshore Mauritania,” said Guy Maurice, Senior Vice President, Africa at Total Exploration & Production, following his meeting with Mohamed Abdel Vetah, Minister of Petroleum, Energy and Mines of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania.

Total holds a 90 per cent interest in the C9 exploration license (10,150 square kilometers), located in the deep offshore. 

RELATED POSTS

dmg events Global Energy Exhibitions & Conferences