The winners of the ninth edition of the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (ADIPEC) Awards were announced at the gala ceremony ADIPEC Awards hosted by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC). Six awards were given for success in research, technology projects, digital transformation, inclusion and diversity, social and local contribution, and achievements by young technical professionals.
On the opening night of the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (ADIPEC), 800 leaders of the oil and gas industry congregated at a ceremony at the St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort to congratulate the newly announced winners of the ADIPEC Awards.
With this year’s ADIPEC focusing on the need to embed technology, promote innovative business models, support environmental sustainability, and foster talented workforces, the ceremony celebrated those firms building a future-proof oil & gas industry. Having impressed an experienced panel of jury members – which included senior representatives from Baker Hughes Company, BP UAE, CEPSA Middle East, ENI, Mubadala Petroleum, Shell, Total and Weatherford - the following companies clinched the 2019 awards:
- ADIPEC Honourary Award: Bob Dudley - Group Chief Executive, BP
- Young ADIPEC Technical Professional of the Year: Irene Lock Sow Mei of PETRONAS – Malaysia.
- Oil and Gas Inclusion and Diversity Company of the Year: ADNOC – United Arab Emirates for Driving Diversity and Inclusion.
- Breakthrough Research of the Year: Saudi Aramco and Wireless Instrumentation systems – Saudi Arabia for its Thru-tubing Retrievable Intelligent Completion System (TRICS™).
- Breakthrough Technological Project of the Year: Saudi Aramco – Saudi Arabia for its Innovative Approach to Recover Flared Gas from Gas Oil Separation Plants GOSPs.
- Digital Transformation Project of the Year: Petroleum Development Oman, iNNOVATEQ – Oman for its Digital Transformation of PDO’s Wells, Reservoirs, & Facilities Management Through Nibras.
- Social Contribution and Local Content Project of the Year: Borealis, Borouge and NOVA Chemicals – Indonesia for Project STOP.
Fatema Al Nuaimi, CEO of ADNOC LNG and Chairperson of the ADIPEC Awards, said: “Our theme this year is ‘Excellence in Energy’, and the winners have lived up to that maxim. At ADNOC we are not only committed to championing a best-in-class oil and gas industry. As we enter the Fourth Industrial Age, we are also determined to build an energy sector that can meet the challenges of the future head on.
“The realisation of the ‘Oil & Gas 4.0’ strategy rests on the key pillars of people, partnerships, technology and environmental leadership. Looking at the expertise celebrated at the Awards, the calibre of all the finalists, fills me with confidence that we have the foundations for success.” Christopher Hudson, President of the Energy Division, dmg events, organisers of ADIPEC, noted: “This year’s ADIPEC is the largest in its history with a 92 per cent increase in award submissions over previous years. “The ADIPEC 2019 awards received more than 600 submissions from over 50 countries – a clear statement that the ADIPEC Awards is one of the most respected recognition programmes for the global oil and gas industry today.
On behalf of dmg events, I wish to thank to our event host, ADNOC, and our Award sponsors, Mitsui & Co, Arab Development Establishment (ARDECO), ENI, NPCC, ExxonMobil and TAQA, for helping to make the ADIPEC Awards such a success.”