The ADIPEC Awards have attracted over 600 submissions from more than 50 countries for the 2019 edition, the number of entrants increased by 92 percent compared with 2018, demonstrating the depth of professional talent and range of opportunities available in today’s oil and gas industry.
Building on the successes of previous years, the six award categories in 2019 recognise technological innovation, ground-breaking research on alternative methods of harnessing fuels, and organisations successfully evolving through digital transformation. For some categories, the number of entries more than doubled, attracting submissions from every continent, underlining the programme’s global standing among industry professionals, and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition and Conference’s (ADIPEC’s) continued efforts to promote excellence.
“The Awards Jury Members and I congratulate the finalists of the ADIPEC Awards 2019, which highlight the oil and gas industry response to global economic and technological trends,” Fatema Al Nuaimi, ADIPEC Awards Chair, and Chief Executive Officer, ADNOC LNG. “We are looking forward to announcing the winners at the awards ceremony in Abu Dhabi on 11 November.”
The industry’s transformation, with its emphasis on digitalisation and advanced technology, is one of four core focuses for ADIPEC through ‘Oil and Gas 4.0’, the event’s revised strategic conference.
Under the theme of Excellence in Energy, the 2019 ADIPEC Awards include an all-new category for 2019, the ‘Oil and Gas Inclusion and Diversity Company of the Year Award’. The new award recognises organisations excelling in their efforts to promote inclusion and diversity within the industry, which is increasingly seen as vital to recruiting new talent to oil and gas.
The ADIPEC Awards Jury is now in the process of selecting this year’s group of winners. Comprised of 29 leading energy experts and analysts from across the industry, the judging panel includes representatives from National Oil Companies (NOCs) and International Oil Companies (IOCs), as well as market intelligence firms and oilfield service providers.
The ADIPEC Awards are organised with thanks to sponsors Mitsui & Co, Arab Development Establishment (ARDECO), NPCC and ExxonMobil. Winners will be announced during the ceremony and gala dinner at the St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi on Monday, 11 November – the opening night of ADIPEC.
Finalists in the ADIPEC Awards 2019 include:
BREAKTHROUGH RESEARCH OF THE YEAR
- Eni SpA – Italy: E-REMM (Eni-Reservoir Electro-Magnetic Fluid Mapping)
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) – Saudi Arabia: Futuristic smart pipe joint employing low-cost and printed IoT based leak detector
- Qpinch – Belgium: A chemical heat pump converting waste heat energy into process heat
- Saudi Aramco and Wireless Instrumentation Systems – Saudi Arabia Thru-tubing Retrievable Intelligent Completion System (TRICS™)
BREAKTHROUGH TECHNOLOGICAL PROJECT OF THE YEAR
- Jebco International Ltd – Canada: UltraClad™ Technology
- Petronas Research SDN BHD – Malaysia: Monetising CO2 to High Value Carbonates via Supercritical CO2 Mineral Carbonation Technology
- Saudi Aramco – Saudi Arabia: Innovative Approach to Recover Flared Gas from Gas Oil Separation Plants GOSPs
- Worley – Australia: CAROL - The World’s First Catalyst Removal Robot
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION PROJECT OF THE YEAR
- ADNOC Onshore – United Arab Emirates: Transforming ADNOC Onshore Assets - Data Driven Digital Twin for Production Optimization
- Eni SpA – Italy: Digital Lighthouse Project on Upstream Industrial Asset
- Petroleum Development Oman, iNNOVATEQ – Oman: Digital Transformation of PDO's Wells, Reservoirs, & Facilities Management Through Nibras
- SparkCognition – United States of America: Aker BP & SparkCognition Improve Production: Machine Learning Success on Unmanned Offshore Platform
OIL AND GAS INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY COMPANY OF THE YEAR
- ABB Inc – Switzerland: ABB, The Place To Be
- ADNOC LNG – United Arab Emirates: ADNOC Driving Diversity and Inclusion
- Halliburton – United States of America: Halliburton Diversity and Inclusion; Breaking Barriers
- Petroleum Development Oman – Oman: PDO: Embedding a Diversity and Inclusion Culture in Business Strategy – A Step Change
SOCIAL CONTRIBUTION AND LOCAL CONTENT PROJECT OF THE YEAR
- ADNOC – United Arab Emirates: ADNOC In-Country Value (ICV) program - Contributing to the UAE’s economic growth
- Borealis, Borouge and NOVA Chemicals - Austria: Project STOP
- PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited - Thailand: The Crab Hatchery Learning Center Project
- Shell International B.V. – Netherlands: Shell LiveWIRE: Boosting local skills and enterprises
YOUNG TECHNICAL PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR
- ADNOC Onshore – United Arab Emirates: Shamma Saeed Alshehhi
- Petronas Group – Malaysia: Irene Lock Sow Mei
- Saudi Aramco – Saudi Arabia: Tasneem T. Al Sharif
- Saudi Aramco – Saudi Arabia: Ayrat Gizzatov
Since its inauguration in 1984, ADIPEC has continued to grow, gaining worldwide recognition as the premier oil and gas industry exhibition and conference. The exhibition brings together over 2,200 international exhibiting companies across 155,000 gross square metres, with 29 country pavilions, attracting over 145,000 global attendees and 42 National and International Oil Companies. The conference hosts over 980 strategic and technical speakers across more than 160 sessions, covering the full energy value chain and attracting over 10,400 delegates.
Held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, hosted by the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and supported by the UAE Ministry of Energy, the Abu Dhabi Chamber, and the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority, ADIPEC will take place from 11 to 14 November, at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC).